Thursday, January 05, 2006

Death By Fountains of Wayne

[www, chocolate]

All this past Christmas season I was noticing all of the chocolate
fountains available from everyone from Williams Sonoma to Target.

While I have enjoyed the one at the Zinfandel Grille in the Rocklin
Park Hotel
on Mother's day, I wasn't sure who would have the space
or the need for one now that I have taken to heart the Alton Brown
mantra of only multi-taskers allowed in his kitchen. Well - turns
out Britta bought one! Guess I will have to pick her brain on its use.

Will the chocolate fountain be the next microwave or the next
yogurt maker? (Kids, as your parents about the 1970s and kitchen appliances.)

Only time will tell.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Admittedly, I was hoping the fondue fountain (mine was at WalMart for $20 cheaper than everywhere else I saw which is why I grabbed it!) would be more of a multi-tasker than it might end up being, since it's not a pump I can use in other housings like I hoped, but I will still find a way to use it several times a year for my various parties... :) Even Alton says if you use it often enough and it's worth it to you, a single-use appliance has its place...like my $14 yogurt maker when I make my sugar-free, fat-free yogurt every week for breakfast every morning... :)

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at a party and this guy started seeing what all you could coat in chocolate and eat, the oddest being mushrooms. Disgusting.

I think the chocolate fountain is the 2000's fondue set. I agree... if I had the world's biggest kitchen, I'd own one, but since I don't, I can't. I do own a yogurt maker though, to make the best yogurt ever, and it isn't good for anything else. But I still love it.

Kim at work brought one to a 10 person dinner party. She said it was the most expensive dessert ever: $30 just for the required five pounds of chocolate, plus she had to find strawberries in January ($7), plus other fruits, pretzles, marshmellows, etc... what all can you dip into chocolate?

Oh, and she has a huge tub of left over chocolate (probably 4 lbs worth) in her fridge. Does Alton Brown have any suggestions for what to do with this? According to Kim, it ain't going back into the chocolate fountain because it was a bitch to clean.

I think I'll stick to fondue myself.

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads