Monday, December 11, 2006

Video iPod Thoughts

[, ]

While the rest of the Mac world seems to be getting in a lather over the rumoured iPhone, I thought I would share a week-end musing about the other iProduct that keeps the Apple rumour mills churning – the 'true' video iPod.


I was watching some shorts I pulled down from the Prelinger archive while on the exercise bike and trying to balance my PowerBook on the magazine rack, when I thought 'it sure would be nice if there was a combination of those personal DVD player that look like mini laptops stuffed with flash-memory.'

Then I remembered there was something already made along those lines, albeit a tad bigger and not as 16:9 as I think it would have to be, nor having the video-out options that I would like, but.... (Side note: don't the new iPods play various downloadable games in addition to movies?)

Honestly – would the clamshell factor instead of the bar format be a deal breaker for people?

OK – enough musing. I don't get paid to work for Apple, nor am I electronically inclined to know if this is even feasible.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting, but can you afford that much flash memory?

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads