Thursday, February 08, 2007

BBC America

[, , ]

Tim Goodman of the SF Chronicle has found a new show for me to watch, "The State Within":

As a fan and cynic of "24" I can tell you that's not decidedly difficult. But the show I'm talking about, "The State Within," is not only more substantive and has better acting and writing - as expected - but the miniseries is just as thrilling. And that's saying something. The whole reason to watch "24" is for the sick rollercoaster ride of it all. "24" is all about thrills. Few series top that. And at 6 hours, who knows if "The State Within" could have kept it up for 24 hours, as the steroid-fueled American series does. But I'll tell you this - when "The State Within" had ended, I was begging for more. So was Mrs. Cranky Pants. In fact, she was damned annoyed that there were no more episodes.

So, when and where, you ask? "The State Within" airs Feb. 17 on BBC America. This is just your televisory. I'll have a full review in The Chronicle on Feb. 16. Just thought I'd whet your appetite on this, the night that "24" owns...


Better than 24, OK. Better than MI-5? Guess I will find out on the 17th.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No TiVo, but VC is engaged!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads