Monday, June 11, 2007

Like? No, Other.

[]

Nice going Sony – I was all set to buy your DVD recorder (VRD-VC30 to be specific) and finally start getting rid of the boxes and boxes of old tapes, some going back to the Beta era, that have been following us around for years.
Easily turn your home movies into DVDs with the VRD-VC30 DVDirect® DVD recorder. Transfer video to DVD quickly and easily without a PC.

The only thing stopping me was the lack of any Mac support listed on the spec sheet. After I gave up on finding a confirmation of my suspicion of this in any of the (little) documentation I could find on the sony.style page I ended up 'chatting' with 'help desk' on their support site.

Turns out it is not Mac compatible and in fact none of their drives work with a Mac, despite the FireWire i.Link connector that allows you to hook this up to a Windows box.

So... 'quickly and easily without a PC,' but you better have a PC on hand just in case you want to use it as an external drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads