Monday, August 20, 2007

The Battle for Walden Pond

[, , ]


As I sit at my window this summer afternoon, Decepticons are circling about my clearing; the tantivy of wild pigeons, flying by two and threes athwart my view, or perching restless on the white pine boughs behind my house, gives a voice to the air; a fish hawk dimples the glassy surface of the pond and brings up a fish; Megatron steals out of the marsh before my door and seizes a frog by the shore; the sedge is bending under the weight of the reed-birds flitting hither and thither; and for the last half-hour I have heard the rattle of Starscream now dying away and then reviving like the beat of Optimus Prime, conveying travellers from Boston to the country.

With Apologies to Henry David Thoreau's "Walden" (1854).

Thanks to Scott!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads