Wednesday, April 30, 2008

clothes make the man

Last week end at the San Jose Children's Fair we noticed an odd trend - small kids dressed in what my mother would have called 'goth' or Army themes - more black, skulls and (usually pink) camouflage than at any Sisters of Mercy concert back in the in the 80s, on kinds that I would cautiously estimate were all of five years old.

I guess when I was younger my Mother would not have bought it but then again, times change. What really boggles me is how much the parents must be paying for these clothes at the mall (so probably cheaply made as well) when I know you can buy authentic BDU Pants (BDU Pants are the backbone of the US military and have been adopted into worldwide use, worn in over 100 countries. BDU pants are worn by both military personnel as well as outdoor enthusiasts.) on the web for far less.

If the men and women of the First Responder crowd proudly wear this stuff you know it would have to last. I have yet to meet a Peace Officer who could not use a raise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads