Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Ed Reimers – RIP

Was trying to figure out just who Ed Reimers was after I read his obituary in the local paper and they mentioned his part in Star Trek - turns out he was Admiral Fitzpatrick in the Star Trek: The Original Series episode "The Trouble with Tribbles".

He also was the voice of Allstate insurance and a quick search of YouTube found this clip and a super cool story:

In the 1960s, after a kitchen fire, Allstate selected our story for a commercial. I recently contacted them on their website and they sent me the video immediately. The color has faded and the audio has changed over time, so this is not how my mother's voice sounded. It is the only video we have of her so I was thrilled when Allstate was so great about sending it to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads