Monday, May 10, 2010

drive on driver

The first time I ever drove in the UK would have been memorable for the sights and sounds we experienced but something happened within the first five minutes that I will never forget. We picked up the car from a rental agency in downtown Edinburgh and made a few right turns to get to our hotel. Problem was, that took a left turn and I hadn't really thought of how a US driver should handle that. The light turned green and off I went, shifting from first to second – and right into the oncoming traffic. I can cut the corner too closely was looking at the front end of some rather large cars and some very surprised (and large) drivers! With the help of my able navigator in the front seat I was able to correct my mistake but not before a hale of car horns.

As a rental customer I didn't have to worry about Motor Trade Insurance but if I was a local I would have been glad I was covered, despite nothing happening that time. Knowing help after an accident or incident was a quick freephone number away would let me focus on having fun while driving knowing I was safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads