Tuesday, May 04, 2010

vision quest

Interesting article on eye glasses in the recent copy of The New Yorker I am currently reading –they covered a bit of the history of them (did you know that Roman Emperors used to hold gems to their eyes to filter the sun and used globes of water to magnify small details?), and that most of the frames in the shops are made by increasingly smaller and smaller numbers of companies? That could explain why even as the technology improves the cost remains the same or even edging upward.

The good news for the cheap and frugal like me is that the article all but said you don't have to pay that much for a quality set of
lens and frames if you eliminate the expensive stores and designer names.

I have been noticing more and more I have to look over the top of my glasses to read small print. I just am not ready to start looking at Lasik so off to the eye doctor I keep going. Just glad to hear there are alternatives to high price mall locations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads