Thursday, February 09, 2012

Kodak We Love You


~Eastman Kodak Company
3.4 out of 5 stars (312)
Product Image4.0 out of 5 stars Don't think your SmartPhone can do all this just as easily
This review is from: Kodak PlaySport (Zx5) HD Waterproof Pocket Video Camera - Black (2nd Generation) (Camera)
I went back & forth on getting this (or any other video camera) mainly because I suspect I had the common thought that "my phone already does all this" until it dawned on me: I may have my phone & know how to use it but what if I wanted to hand it to our daughter (she's 2). We now share this camera (it's 'her phone') both to watch & to shoot movies.

Upsides:
* you can film things without worrying your battery is going to run down & you can't make/get calls
* waterproof and shockproof means less concern about water damage or dropping
* no tapes so when your child does something cute you are always cued up & ready to record
* faster boot time than my phone

Downside:
* if you can't remember where you set it down you can't just 'call you camera'
* non-removable battery can limit your record times
* no wireless sharing (maybe get an EyeFi card?)

Bottom line: James Cameron isn't going to film his next movie on this (and neither are you) but for quick recordings for sharing with family, more than adequate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads