Sunday, February 03, 2013

Another Blog-Worthy Photo From the Good People on Flickr

Just a quick peek at a picture I starred on Flicker: Nabisco - Doo Dads snack mix box - 1972

Today I get to share an extra-special treat. It's something I've been hunting for, for years; a 1972 Nabsico Doo Dads box. This box features the same graphics and general design that the brand featured when it was introduced in 1966. Though I added a 1976 Doo Dads box to my collection a few years ago, I wondered if I'd ever find one of these earlier design boxes. I hoped I might, but I figured it was a longshot. Then, just last week I received a message here on Flickr from Christopher Scott. Chris was doing some electrician work not long ago when he found this Doo Dads box safely tucked away in the rafters of a building, where it had been hiding in insulation for 40 years. Chris and I worked out a deal for the box to come to me, so I'm thrilled to be able to add this one to my collection now. I'll share more of Chris' story and exactly how he found the box, in the following photos. Note: For the purpose of long-term preservation and documenting, I opted to "unseal" the box seams and flatten it. I may also end up framing this one for display, so it'll be nice to have it out and flat like this.

from http://flic.kr/p/dRDjZF

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads