Tuesday, May 24, 2005

iPhoto 4 Must Die

Well lovely - I just spent an hour backing up pictures onto a CD from within iPhoto only to find that apparently for several pictures I have only the thumbnail image. Seems at some point the original image was deleted. Now this may have been my doing, I did have several duplicates and merrily went and removed them - but apparently I should have then left the Organize Tab and switched to Edit before I emptied the trash.

So what looks like ~1000 pictures is in reality more like 800 pictures with and 200 thumbnails that go nowhere.

Granted many of them are of our cat but what you don't understand is that we have the world's cutest cat!

Frankly this is the kind of behaviour I would expect from a Microsoft product, not Apple. Maybe iPhoto 5 prevents this sort of thing but I am sticking with Image Capture exclusively from now on.

Hmpf!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have only made one CD from inside iPhoto, and it was iPhoto-specific, not cross-platform, so I always export the full-size, then put them elsewhere (gallery, external drive, CD, etc) as a simple data transfer.

Also, I have iPhoto5 if you want...just ask...haven't loaded myself but I did for my mom...and yes, I did backup the entire iPhoto Library each time for safety as recommended! ;)

- Britta

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

-Roxio-

all you'll ever need.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads