Tuesday, October 18, 2005

[cartoon] Fans From Around the World Interview Bill Watterson

In support of The Complete Calvin and Hobbes book, Andrews McMee Publishers posted an interview with Bill Watterson from the fan's perspective.

Sample:
Q: What led you to resist merchandising Calvin and Hobbes?

A: For starters, I clearly miscalculated how popular it would be to show Calvin urinating on a Ford logo. . . . Actually, I wasn't against all merchandising when I started the strip, but each product I considered seemed to violate the spirit of the strip, contradict its message, and take me away from the work I loved. If my syndicate had let it go at that, the decision would have taken maybe 30 seconds of my life.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure which is worse - the peeing or the praying Calvin - I mean shouldn't the faithful know this is stealing another's work???

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads