Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wolfgang Puck Goes Humane

[cooking, veal, foie gras, Wolfgang Puck]

NYTimes: (Wolfgang Puck) has directed his three companies, which together fed more than 10 million people in 2006, to buy eggs only from chickens not confined to small cages. Veal and pork will come from farms where animals are not confined in crates, and poultry meat will be bought from farmers using animal welfare standards higher than those put forth by the nation's largest chicken and turkey producers. Mr. Puck has also vowed to use only seafood whose harvest does not endanger the environment or deplete stocks.

Having eaten at Spago's in Palo Alto and a Gourmet Express pizza at the Denver Airport, I can say good for him!

FWIW: Veal was the (double) source of my only 'Disney' dining disappointment. Dining at the Napa Rose I asked what kind of veal was in the salad I had ordered (the waiter couldn't tell me so I asked them omit it) but the kitchen simply left it out without even trying to replicate the dish in a less-cruel way. That's the kind of action I would expect at a Denny's, not at multi-star restaurant in the Los Angeles area.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads