Friday, May 18, 2007

London EMT Saves Cat

[, , ]

From Diane Duane comes the first-person report from a London EMT who saved a cat found in a house-fire:

""Hello Control, erm... This is going to sound weird", how best to phrase this? "We have no human casualties at this call, but I do have a very sick cat with smoke inhalation, I'd like to take it to the 24hr vet hospital at Wanstead. Mainly so that I can sleep tonight. Can you ring them and let them know that we are on our way please?"

[...]

"Now some folk will moan that we used an ambulance to look after an animal - but this 'patient' was the only one who actually needed an ambulance that night, we'd been dealing with drunks for much of the shift. So if you want to moan, then moan away - but it was good for the mental health of my crewmate and myself."

"I'd like to just say a big 'Thank You' to the Control staff who let us run to the vet hospital and also to the vet hospital staff who helped us out. Also thanks to the crew that gave Control the phone number to the hospital. Because of them I can hit send on this posting and can sleep soundly knowing that we did the best we could."

(Their blog, previously titled, "Why I Hate Humanity" is now called 'Random Acts of Reality")
http://randomreality.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2007/5/16/2955025.html


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for making my makeup run down my face during my workday! :P Great story though...

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads