Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Rebirth of the PowerCD


Apple_PowerCD
Originally uploaded by davintosh
[, , ]

Dear Steve,

Yesterday I tried to buy a Sony device to convert my old videotapes to DVD. It had line-in jacks for RCA video, S-Video and FireWire i.Link & had I been willing to pay a bit more, card-readers for every type of removable flash-memory there is. Also, it could record to just about every type of DVD there is (+,-, RW), even double layer media.

One problem: it can't be used as an external drive with a Macintosh.

So here's my suggestion: the PowerDVD. Who doesn't have loads of tapes that they would love to do something with. I have iMovie and iDVD sitting there on the MacBook Pro and have used them once to convert an old Duran Duran special on Cinemax ("As The Lights Go Down"). My problem was devoting that much disk space to a hobbiest project.

Getting the footage onto DVD with the press of two buttons (Play, Record) would at least give me some digital files to work with, keep my computer from being jammed with video files, and clean up my basement. Probably make me (and many other people) get a faster Mac as well to handle the video work, maybe even an AppleTV, all of which wouldn't hurt the stock price.

Just a thought now that you are 'done' with the iPhone.

Regards!
C.A.B.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apple does not care for you *analog* folk & hasn't for a looooooooooooooooooooong time - hence the AppleTV that only works on HDTVs.

dT

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads