Monday, October 08, 2007

Business Week: Why I Won't Buy an iPhone

Apple has abandoned its founding ethos of creativity and innovation by hanging up on third-party software developers

...It's not that I don't think it's an extraordinary device (BusinessWeek.com, 7/3/07). Having tried it, I think it represents a fundamental step forward in what a mobile phone can be. And it sure looks like it's going to be imitated six ways to Sunday.

But what I can't take is how Apple is keeping the iPhone from evolving in a manner consistent with its corporate heritage. Over the years I've owned many wireless devices, including a Treo (PALM ), three or four BlackBerrys (RIMM), and tested my share of phones running Microsoft's ( MSFT) Windows Mobile and the Symbian OS, majority owned by Nokia ( NOK).

[here's their summary]

  • Web Apps Only

  • Is the iPhone that Fragile?

  • Putting Profit Before Progress

  • Inconsistent with Apple's Branding

__

They list 4 very good reasons and I'll add a fifth: too freakin' expensive (how do you think this blog got it's name?).


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hater!

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads