Friday, February 01, 2008

Let it snow!

[]

Looks like it snowed again in my old home town which is not all that unusual but it is rare enough to write (from) home about. What really caught my eye this week, re: Snow was this item:

Snow blankets Israel


A strong winter storm blanketed much of northern Israel and towns at higher elevation in central and southern Israel - such as Jerusalem - with a moderate layer of wet snow early Wednesday morning.

The snow and slush brought public transportation in Jerusalem and northern communities to a standstill, and resulted in a day off school for local youth.


I know this is but a single data point but doesn't it seem a bit odd to have snow in the Middle East? Makes me glad I don't drive too often - got to start watching that carbon output, people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads