Tuesday, March 11, 2008

the whole damn world is skate territory

We were watching 'ace of cakes' the other night ("Skaters and Speedsters:" The crew makes a cake for pro skater and skateboard designer Kris Markovich) and that got me thinking back to just how long it has been since I have been on a skateboard. My first one was a plastic decked model from the local drug store (I think) and possibly bright green - yes it has been that long - but I am almost certain if I went back to my parent's house I could dig it up in the piles of stuff in the shed!

Anyway, after a co-worker's roller blade injury I have been a tad hesitant to get back on those, despite all the flat and nicely paved ground on campus and the recent spate of warm weather we seem to be having at the moment. So I was thinking of starting to ride again but (obviously needed new gear - I took a look over at Sector 9 skateboards - man do they have a ton of cool stuff and a very convenient way to brush up on what is out there and how times have changed since the seventies. I could browse their deck selection for hours... now how can I settle on just one?

This post and walk down memory lane has been sponsored.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads