Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Half Full of Half Done


Half Moon
Originally uploaded by M@mad
As many of you know, my father passed away this past week end at the age of 82. Apparently he died quietly while watching the 49ers play on TV, something I know he enjoyed, my mother knew something was wrong when she didn't hear him complaining about the commercials.

I looked up at the moon last night and thought maybe this was a sign - I am no longer a boy and that half of my life was done.

I take comfort in the fact that there was no pain or suffering, the sadness only for those left behind. Sadness based on our selfishness?

God Speed, sir.

2 Comments:

Blogger Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

I am so very sorry, but I agree it is a comfort to know he left peacefully. My thoughts are with you & your family...

11:57 AM  
Blogger -idogcow said...

thanks for the thoughts and for wading thru my sappy blog post.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads