Monday, December 15, 2008

eBook and a Correction

When I said I had a palm PDA on my desk at work I should have said it was a Tungsten T2, shows ou how long it has been since I have even glanced at it. It is charging now because I wanted to read "Little Brother" by Cory Doctorow and my iPod is still under Cupertino's lock and key. The book was mentioned this morning on KFOG and I thought I might check it out, seeing as the price is free (for an electronic version).

At he link you'll find links to downloadable editions of the text of Little Brother. These downloads are all licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-ShareAlike license, which lets you share it, remix it, and share your remixes, provided that you do so on a noncommercial basis. How can he make a living doing this? Read "this post if you want my topline explanation for why I do this crazy thing".

As to the book itseklf? The New York Times called Little Brother one of the eight "Notable Children's Books of 2008," "a novel that is at once an entertaining thriller, a thoughtful polemic and a practical handbook of digital-age self-defense."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads