Tuesday, December 02, 2008

in the pearl district

One of the things I don't have to worry too much when traveling is what jewelry to bring, one of the many (many) benefits of being born male, I hear. For me, it's grab a watch and the wedding ring and off I go. [Fun fact: on our Honeymoon I didn't take off my wedding ring for the whole trip. I was deathly worried I would forget it or drop it down the sink in our Parisian hotel!] My 'better half' however faces this question every time we pack up and go someplace, even if it is just over night.

This has led to the loss of a single Edward Gorey cat earring in Manhattan and this week (almost) losing one of the set of antique Pearls, ironically in Portland's "Pearl District"! Seems the back came off at some point but the earring stayed in - thus necessitating a trip to the hotel gift shop with the local Macy's as a backup plan.

Her quick thinking doesn't mean that for a pearl necklace is out of the running for her Christmas present, not after I saw that you can now get pearls at wholesale prices over at The Pearl Outlet (www.thepearloutlet.com). The problem now is deciding on what to get! I mean, their selection is as amazing as their prices are low.

At prices this low, I'm tempted to buy two different items and let her mix and match When you look, be sure to enter the monthly giveaway, too. (This month it's a white 12.5 mm South Sea pearl Pendant)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads