Monday, February 09, 2009

Do Computers Aid Design?

Reminds me of what my dad used to say about computers creeping into architechture. May make things faster but can't make them necessarily better. Funny thing is, I used to no doubt give him the same fish- eyed look described below. 

Computer aided design

NY Times reporter Michael Bierut talks about the differences in graphic design when he started work in the early 80s and now. What changed? Computers.

Still, I wonder if we haven't lost something in the process: the deliberation that comes with a slower pace, the attention to detail required when mistakes can't be undone with the click of a mouse. Younger designers hearing me talk this way react as if I'm getting sentimental about the days when we all used to churn our own butter.

---
Blogged the ol' fashioned way. From a Newton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads