Monday, June 15, 2009

Cutomer Loyalty Program

When does a loyalty program become a disincentive to shop at Safeway? When the closest Safeway gas station is 30+ miles away.

I will be honest and tell you that the new requirement to use a 'PowerPump' award at a Safeway branded station is not making me want to shop more at Safeway, in fact, every time I look at the bottom of the receipt I am reminded at how short-sighted this 'reward' really is and feel perhaps I should do more shopping at the many other stores (Trader Joe's, Whole Foods) in my area.

I know this is not money I have spent but to be told I am 'earning' a reward that is of little to no use is only serving to make me at best ambivalent about my value as a shopper and wondering of the logic behind this move.

Glad I am not a stockholder in this company....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads