Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Mobile Phones – the New Boombox?

[]

Not sure when this phenomenon began but about once a week I get to ride the lightrail with someone who thinks it needs a soundtrack. No, made that someone who KNOWS it needs a soundtrack and is willing to provide it, courtesy of their mobile phone.

I don't about your phone but mine and every one I have run into has a single speaker at best the size of a dime. Factor in the compression and the choice of music (usually rap) and you have quite the cacophony. What kills me is that half of the time they either grow weary of the tune or they are just playing their ringtones so you get about a minute of noise before they have to reload.

If they are trying to build exposure for their 'act,' might I suggest higher fidelity?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads