Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cake TV

[]

About the only Food Network challenges we ever seem to watch are the cake decorating ones, not that the DirecTV DVR seems to notice, it dutifully records them all, even the reruns. The other night I saw that there was a Spam Cook-off that was recorded. No thanks!

Recently I heard there was another competition show on TLC ("Ultimate Cake Off") and boy does it rip off the Food Network version. Oh, wait, this one lets you have 4 people in a kitchen and gives you 9 hours. How silly of me to think this was not original. The worst part in my opinion: the skills test where the 'winner' gets to force one of the other two kitchens to have to sit down for 30 minutes.

If you are looking for a better use of your time, I say go watch Cake Boss, at least there you have some interesting people to watch and some damn fine cakes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

I'm trying to watch Cake Boss, and the cakes are fine, but I can't handle the family arguing all the time. I'd much rather watch Ace of Cakes where the people seem like I'd actually want to hang out with them. :)

1:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads