Wednesday, February 24, 2010

following the dream

Watching the Woman's figure skating a day later as usual thanks to the NBC's delayed coverage, a sleepy baby and the last vestiges of the worst cold I have had in a long time and I must say I am more intrigued by the 'lesser' skaters, ones who have no real hope of winning the gold but for a few are making their debut on the international stage.

The most interesting was the Turkish skater whose parents moved to the family to Canada to help her follow her dream of becoming a champion skater. Quitting their jobs, the father just now learning English and taking whatever work they could find to help pay for their daughter's lessons and coaches. I don't know if I could be convinced to make such a move, even within the same country! It was hard enough to move across town, I can't imagine making the move from Southern California even with the assistance of one of the top Orange County moving companies help make things run smoothly.

Here's to those brave enough to pick up and move to follow their dream!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads