Friday, December 07, 2012

Another Blog-Worthy Photo From the Good People on Flickr

Just a quick peek at a picture I starred on Flicker: Hostess Twinkies Box - Arabic

Here's a total wild new addition to my Hostess collection -- a Twinkies box in Arabic! Yep, that's right! Apparently at some time Hostess Twinkies were sold in the Middle East or Northern Africa. Maybe the still do, for all I know. I got this from a former Hostess employee who didn't know much about it other than it being old. He had picked it up from the bakery many years ago. The box was cut down and framed. You can see the color differences along the edges, as the interior faded due to UV lighting. It is a partial box, only the front panel, bottom panel and part of the right side. There's no back. It is indeed a real box, with the glue mark on the flap, typical of the 1970s boxes, and the box is scored as you would expect. In the US, we had this general box design from 1972 to 1986. I would guess this is from the late 1970s. Of course, it is possible that the older style boxes were still being used overseas after 1986. It's still a mystery, but a wonderful mystery. If any of my Flickr friends can read Arabic, I would appreciate a reliable translation of all the words on the box. I tried an on-line OCR / translator site on the web, but mostly got garbage, other than the words "cake" and "flavor".

from http://flic.kr/p/dz6XLr

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads