Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Tale of the Tape

[war, homeland security]

Last month Goodman, an 81-year-old retired University of Kansas
history professor, received a letter from his friend in the
Philippines that had been opened and resealed with a strip of dark
green tape bearing the words “by Border Protection” and carrying the
official Homeland Security seal.

“I had no idea (Homeland Security) would open personal letters,”
Goodman told MSNBC.com in a phone interview. “That’s why I alerted
the media. I thought it should be known publicly that this is going
on,” he said. Goodman originally showed the letter to his own local
newspaper, the Kansas-based Lawrence Journal-World.

“I was shocked and there was a certain degree of disbelief in the
beginning,” Goodman said when he noticed the letter had been tampered
with, adding that he felt his privacy had been invaded. “I think I
must be under some kind of surveillance.”

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/10740935/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads