Thursday, October 26, 2006

Easy Creepy No-Bake Halloween Cakes

[, ]

Almost *too* easy, but for the time-challenged (read: lazy) over at 'Not Martha' (love that name) they have instructions on how to turn snack cakes (Ding Dongs, Sno Balls, Glo Balls, Twinkies and Little Debbie Star Crunch) and Pocky (Japanese 'chocolate covered biscuit sticks') to make crawly spider cakes for Halloween.

They bought pre-made sugar eyes that they attached with meringue but it seems to me that it would not be to difficult to make the whole eye as long as you were making 'spikes' on the back to attach them.

http://www.notmartha.org/tomake/crawlycakes.html

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

c'mon, where's the sport in doing it this way? oh wait, so you can enjoy yourself at the NOT martha party.

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snack-cakes or no, those are still really cute! I first heard of NotMartha several years ago when she emailed me about my Halloween pages saying "I want to be you when I grow up!" I emailed her back saying I loved being linked on a site called "notmartha!" ;)

I saw these cakes linked from a different project on MAKE (I suspect you saw the same?) and also saw on NotMartha's homepage status that she posted to ReadyMade about Halloween recipes..lo & behold she linked to me again as a "Halloween party expert"...heehee!

12:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads