Sunday, November 25, 2007

San Jose Fry's "Customer Service"

Just back from an trip to the Fry's in San Jose to buy a DVD recorder – I have been meaning to get one for some time and yesterday they ran an ad for a Samsung at $79.

Well, as usual, I can never find anything at this Fry's and was about to give up when a nice, helpful clerk showed me where they might be. Only problem was, all the ones on the sales floor were open box / returns. He went to look in the back but there was only one back there, also an open box. I asked for a raincheck and we went to the manager of the department. They could not give me a raincheck because either: a) this was a special sale (ad said nothing about limited #) and then b) they had them 'in stock,' they were just open box. I thought that opened and returned items were different than new but not to Fry's (even though open box items are priced lower).

Store manager also felt they 'had them in stock, I just didn't want the ones they had.' I had to ask if they could check any other local Fry's (this never seemed to dawn on them before I asked). He checked their inventory and found some in other stores, but it was never clear if these were open box items or factory new.

I asked them if they could ship one from a sister-store and I would buy it when it got in and was told they don't ship products over the week-end and by the time it *did* get to San Jose the sale would be over.

I will not be returning to Fry's any time soon, Amazon and BestBuy have never been this unhelpful!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Going to Frys is like going to Vegas - you know you shouldn't but everything is so cheap there...."

1:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shop carefully at Fry's

12:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads