Monday, December 03, 2007

Burn DVD Burn

[DVD]

This week-end we took another small step into the 21st century and bought a DVD burner to augment (not replace) the trusty old VHS machine, Best Buy came through in the end just when I was about to write them off as well as being unconcerned about the under $200 shopper thanks to one older clerk who took it upon himself to find an unopened box for me. (The young twerp who was at the computer told me to 'look for a stack on the racetrack if we have any.')

So far all has been good, I burned one test-disk of an old Frontline episode we had saved ("When Kids Get Life") and made sure it played on one of our other DVD players. Haven't tried the disc on the oldest DVD player we have so not a full test, I guess.

This Phillips model also played a DIVX encoded file quite handily - felt just like watching BBC Three! About the only thing I wish it had was a USB connection and possibly a easier interface but I am no doubt spoiled by Apple's iDVD.

Now to start working on that giant box of VHS (and Beta!) tapes in the basement, can decorating the tree wait another day?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads