Wednesday, March 26, 2008

everything AND the kitchen sink

Do I say I love you to the people I care about enough? Probably not as often as I should, at least in words but hopefully in deeds (and occasionally in song).

Case in point, last night I finally figured out why our kitchen sink was barely getting any water (you may recall we had to have the city repair the connection to the house). Turns out there was a TON of dirt and sand in the faucet and once I finally got it all out we had normal water pressure again. I thought of relaxing, my 'job' finished but hen I noticed the dirty dishes next to the sink, so I (for once) cleaned them before being asked. Now this may not be as romantic as the letters John Adams sent to his wife ("I am, and till then, and forever after will be your Admirer and Friend, and Lover.") but I do try, especially now that I have a list of suggestions!

2 Comments:

Blogger Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

Good for you!...or wait, did you try the male technique of "do the job poorly so I won't be asked ever again"...? ;)

4:01 PM  
Blogger -idogcow said...

The embarrassing thing was how long it took to find the part to unscrew to find all the dirt. I was looking at the aerator at the end, turns out the crud was where the flex-hose met the 'wand.' (This was after I took the tap handle off and tried to get into the inner workings of the valve). D'oh.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads