Monday, July 28, 2008

gps saved a life

GPS (or SatNav as they call it in the United Kingdom) can be a real help when you don't know where you are going or even when you do - I have used online mapping websites and phone based directions and been sent in the wrong way or in a much longer way more times than I can count. Plus, if and when you get off 'the path' you can quickly get just as lost.

Recently I was looking for the DMV in Sunnyvale and instead of using the common name 'El Camino Real,' the map I created insisted on calling it State Route 82 which made for a wrong turn and a pulling over to get a new set of instructions. An in car GPS would have simply said 'recalculating' and I could have made my appointment on time.

No wonder my cousin opted for the GPS over an iPod - more useful!

If you are thinking of adding a cheap GPS to your ride, you really should check out the prices and selection at the Auto GPS store. I have and know you won't be sorry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads