Saturday, January 10, 2009

weather the storm

When I lived on the east coast I had a wonderful long wool coat that I would drag out every winter and look at, wondering if this would be the year I would get to wear it more than just the once a year trip to my flat mate's mother's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. Only once did I have a second use out of it and that was when I had a friend take me to the Symphony after their date fell through.

You see, the problem was not that the coat was too thin, it was that I was not too sure how waterproof it was since it was made of wool and for the most part I was on my bike those days and wearing a woolen greatcoat was not really too practical.

Despite the fact I have for the most past hung up my bike for daily commuting, that coat is now too warm for west coast living. With all the rain we have been having, I was thinking a nice raincoat would make more sense, something more like this: from Sanyo, with all the form, function and durability you have come to expect from one of the top names in the mens raincoat design. Looks rather 'Edwardian,' don't you think? Or have I been watching the BBC's Doctor Who Christmas Special and fancy myself as dashing as David Tennant?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads