Tuesday, March 03, 2009

a bit off the old block

Ever since I saw some of the custom made toys available at the last Maker's Faire in San Francisco I have really been keen on getting back into wood working, particularly when I heard that my cousin got a router for Christmas two years back. The question is, without my old boss' shop to play around in and without his expertise, what is the best way to get back into the game? Sure I could just go to a big box hardware store and I bet eventually I would stumble on where they may hide their meager selection of router bits but with my luck I would go home with the wrong metal drill bits for what I had in mind - milling wooden alphabet blocks like the kind we had as kids but updated for the lives we now lead.

Does that fall under composite milling? You probably have as many questions as I do now, that's why I am glad to find the homepage of an American company that still makes things right here in the US. They invented the router in 1920 and their customers are the leaders in their field and since they need the consistent quality and performance, why shouldn't I have the same?

1 Comments:

Blogger Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

Ooh, I want to see your Millenial Alphabet Blocks...I expect @ among others...? ;)

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads