Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crazy 8

Do you have old family films in Super 8 format that need to to get digitized? Read how one clever fellow solved the problem.

[Photobsen] has posted pictures of an automated system for scanning and compiling the film into a digital movie. Using the existing software called CineToVid, to take the scanned segments and create a video from them, [Photobsen] built a quick automated system using an old floppy drive connected to his computer via parallel port. He now scans about 80 seconds of film per hour, unattended.

I knew there was a reason to save all these old parts, now if only I had some Super8 movies....

1 Comments:

Blogger Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

Whoa, I don't have any of those parts, but I happen to have about 30 small reels of old family Super8 movies. The projector for them technically works (motor & bulb) but has no belts since I was hoping to try shooting onto my big screen & camcording, and my rubber band attempts haven't worked yet since the takeup reel won't go so all I have is slack when my film is threaded. My timeline is this summer, so I was going to pay Costco to transfer then all to DVD so I can import & use the digital footage. If you'd like to take on the project instead, let me know! :)

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads