Thursday, February 17, 2005

Here's Johnny!

"I did. I guess, like a lot of people, I felt let down. I resented people like Nixon and Agnew moralizing from the tops of their voices about morality and putting down the kids who didn't want to fight in Vietnam and talking about high moral principles when they were deceiving everybody. If they weren't so damn highly moral about it, it would be one thing, but I don't know how many people even know how much they were screwing the political process and using it for their own benefit. I think politicians in those positions have to have better standards. If they ask for those jobs, then they better have better standards than the rest of us. I'm not saying my morals were any better, but I wasn't the president. And I think when you're in those kinds of jobs and you have the public trust, then you should play it by the book."

Sound familiar? Read the whole Rolling Stone interview with Carson - it's the longest interview he ever sat for.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow- the more things change the more they stay the same.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads