Thursday, September 18, 2008

Early Thoughts on the iPod Touch (first generation)

Still running the version 1.x software on my Generation One iPod Touch so perhaps the upgrade to 2.x (and the App Store) would make a difference but here are my two biggest nagging questions.

My Apple Newton had the ability to copy and paste text and do it in quite a stylish way - you highlighted the text you wanted (tap, hold, drag if memory serves), then you dragged it to the margin (it would turn into a little clipping). You went to the page or field you wanted to paste and dragged it off the margin whereby it would expand (See:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhivPLXrLjk). Apparently I am not the only one old enough to remember how Apple used to handle this.

Two: The App store. I hate to drag the Newton back into the argument but Apple's first hand-held could run (or not) anything you wanted to throw on it. I understand this is as much a business decision (someone has to pay for R&D) but it still feels small.

But what do I know, I still remember free food on coach class airline flights in the US.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads