Friday, January 11, 2008

2007 Made Merry & Bright

[secured loans]

Now that Christmas is all but all put away (except the lights - when will this rain stop long enough to get a ladder in the front garden?) I guess we have Martin Luther King Day (paid holiday!) Valentine's Day (chocolate!) to look forward to. One thing from this holiday I did particularly enjoy was the free coffee and lounge set up under the rotunda as well as a very nice lunch at Straights (despite the rather large mid-week crowd) at the San Francisco Centre (home of the new Bloomingdales and former site of the old Emporium (look for 2 of the remaining signs). An oasis of calm amidst the harried shoppers looking for something to give to friends and family.

I am particularly proud this year to once again say no UGG boots or Wii's were handed out nor received by our household. I am not sure how these became the 'must-have' of the season – didn't they both come out long before this season? I guess the lack of anything 'hot,' resulted in defaulting back to 'that which was hot '.

What I am sure I am NOT looking forward to is the soon to arrive credit card bills but then again I say that every year. This look back at Christmas 2007 has been generously underwritten by our sponsors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads