Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Don't FireWire Until You See the Whites of Their Eyes

[]

So it looks like I have an obsolete MacBook now with he release of the newest product from the good folks in Cupertino. I knew it was bound to happen sooner rather than later given the 'free ipod' inducement but in reading the specs of the new gearI am not so sure I have been burned.

No FireWire on the new non-pro gear? I guess you can claim that it is becoming a novelty and less of a must-have but if so, then why do the MacBook Pros still have the connector???

2 Comments:

Blogger Britta, Webmistress of the Dark said...

I wouldn't want to risk video editing on a 1TB external drive to anything but FW800 speeds. Pro all the way for me, but mine is only 1.5 yrs old still... :)

9:50 AM  
Blogger -idogcow said...

I think its another way to "encourage" people to spend more for the pro model. Just like the dual monitor support issue.

2:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

idogcow. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

CrispAds Blog Ads